You might be under the impression that only large corporations require phone-based applications for their businesses. But the truth is that companies of any size can benefit from application development. A mobile application can help you to target your customers and provide specialized access to your services. It can also help to improve your customer database and design development for your brand. If you want to know more about the specific ways in which mobile applications could help give your business a boost, here are our three top reasons to consider designing a phone app for your company:Read More
If you own a business, you are likely familiar with the term "database design." That is because, even if you have a successful brick-and-mortar store, it is also important to have a well-developed database, in order to analyze and understand marketing and customer satisfaction for companies -- and a well-developed interface on which to interact with them.Read More
It should come as no surprise that Americans are spending more time on their smartphones. Just look around you during your commute or while waiting in line at the coffee shop and you'll likely find an ocean of backlit screens staring back at you.
And according to a recent report from eMarketer, adults will spend seven more minutes per day on their phones in 2016 than they did last year. That means U.S. adults now spend a grand total of one hour and 54 minutes per day on their phones, on average. But what's most interesting about the report is not so much the amount of time spent on smartphones, it's what people are doing with that time.
People are actually spending less time surfing the web on their phones: only 19 minutes per day, a decline of two minutes since last year. Instead, 86% of non-voice time on smartphones is spent using mobile applications.
Think about it: 64% of U.S. adults owned a smartphone as of October 2014, and that percentage has only grown in the past two years. Mobile apps are what many of us use for sending and receiving messages, for checking the weather, for playing games, for setting calendar reminders, even for dating. The lure of the app is more powerful than ever as smartphone technology advances and software developers take advantage of new features like dual cameras, GPS tracking, and contact lists.
As the old saying goes, "There's an app for that." And if there's not, there will be soon.
The more we become capable of using our phones to accomplish work from anywhere in the world, the more companies are looking to meet their employees where they already are by creating business application developments for smartphones. A customized mobile app for your business can improve internal communications, allow workers to keep better track of client information, and give you the security to send and access data from anywhere in the world.
Whether you have a million-dollar app idea or are simply looking for better business application development, our team of developers can help you create a user-friendly app to streamline your app into the hands (or at least the thumbs) of the people. Contact Nexus for more information on custom solutions for your business needs.
Synonyms are a great SQL Server feature which first appeared with SQL Server 2005. They are essentially aliases for tables and other objects that exist in databases outside of the one you’re coding in. They allow you to streamline your code, because you can use a short synonym in place of a long, four-part object name for those foreign objects. Instead of typing something like...Read More
The 80/20 rule probably applies to your business systems: your current applications give you 80% of what you need for a fairly low cost. But, what about the other 20%? The rule never meant that you were supposed to give up on that.Read More